[time-nuts] single board PCs

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Jan 7 05:26:04 UTC 2013

jimlux at earthlink.net said:
> Precisely.. but I'd just as soon not be in the PC integration business,
> finding boards to plug into a mobo, etc. I was wondering what folks have
> used (or seen used) in this sort of usage model.

Google for embedded PC and/or mini-ITX.  There are lots of them out there.

All you need is ethernet and USB.  Right?  They all have them so you don't
need to worry about finding boards.

The mini-ITX boards come with lots of connectors on the back.  You will need
to plug in a keyboard and display to install the OS and/or talk to the BIOS.
Once you get things setup, it will autoboot on power-up.

If you want a complete package, here is one example:
  http://www.mini-box.com/Value-System
You have to select memory and disk.

Or you can poke around their site, build your own system, and check the
assemble-it box so they put it all together.

Your initial message said "Eventually, it will  be packaged "inside the box"
which
is about 10x10x3".  Is that just the PC or do you expect to get lots of other
stuff in there?

Their M350 box is 7.5 in wide, 8.5 deep, and 2.5 in high with vent slots on
top.  The M300 is 9x9.5x3.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.