[time-nuts] 10 MHz -> 16 MHz clock multiplier

Ed Breya eb at telight.com
Tue Jan 8 02:27:54 UTC 2013

Actually, I was referring to an RC and Diode network in anticipation of
the possible need for more signal shaping flexibility, depending on the
signals and circuitry. The built-in oscillators are usually self-biased
CMOS inverters intended to go with crystals, and usually a couple of
small phase shift caps to ground. If you inject the right amount of
reference frequency at the input, the oscillator should sync up. Since
it's for a fixed frequency, the required lock range can be quite small -
it needs to be enough to compensate for drift in the resonator and
circuits - so the injection level probably can be small. Since the
oscillator input has plenty of gain, and the reference is likely a very
low impedance, I think a fairly high impedance passive coupling network
to link the two should suffice, without any extra active circuitry.

Ed