[time-nuts] OT - USB to LPT Adapter - Does it exist?

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 19:53:54 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 9:55 AM, Mark Spencer <mspencer12345 at yahoo.ca>wrote:

> Joe:
>
> I've been down this road and ended up buying two "lease return" HP
> desktops for a nominal price that included on board parallel ports to deal
> with some amateur radio gear required a real parallel port.

I bought one of these.  The price is under $100 (for the mother board and
the soldered down CPU.   It has a parallel ports and two serial ports.   I
needed the serial ports to connt a GPS and a Rubidium oscillator.

I still think the solution is to step back and look at what it is you need
to program.  If it is a PIC or something like that, just buy a USB capable
programmer.

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California