[time-nuts] OT - USB to LPT Adapter - Does it exist?

Ed Palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Mon Jan 14 05:14:02 UTC 2013

Hi Joe,

I just did a quick search and found that the BP-1600 uses EPP (Enhanced
Parallel Port) protocol on the parallel port rather than using the port
like a GPIO port.  Since this is a higher-level bidirectional protocol,
it should be easier to find a USB converter that will work.  Look for
one that supports EPP and keep your fingers crossed.  :-)

Ed