[time-nuts] How far can I push a crystal?

Volker Esper ailer2 at t-online.de
Fri Jan 18 00:25:16 UTC 2013

My friend Karl-Heinz DJ7NN has dragged/jerked/teared/wrenched crystals
even more (what is the most nasty description of "pulling" a quartz
crystal?) - if need be, he opens it and strikes a brush over it to
carefully grind some material, what makes it oscillating a little
faster. If you've ground too much, make a stroke with a pencil on it and
it will oscillate slower. But the aging...

Ok, the drawback is, you won't get a "very clean" signal...

In my humble opinion, as Ed told before: forget about it.

Volker