[time-nuts] LPRO testing

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sun Jan 20 01:45:14 UTC 2013

Fellow time-nuts,

As I received a box of suspect LPROs I now have a largish amount of
LPROs to test through.

I got the LPRO manual as well as the repair guide.

Seems like I need to solder up a connector and hook a few things up.

I will have to improvise on the heat-sink side until I find something
useful.

I would think that I would sort them into a few different piles
depending on the failure modes. By external observing I should see these:

1) Heater problem (monitoring current would have heating gone or
overheating)
2) Lamp problem (monitoring the lamp monitor output)
3) Lock problem (monitoring the BITE as well as frequency)
4) RF problem (monitoring the existence of RF output)

What else did can people think off?

I think the above would work as a systematic check-list.

Now, I'd love to hear about hints and tips from you folks.

Cheers,
Magnus