[time-nuts] One Kg Quartz Resonator

Fabio Eboli FabioEb at quipo.it
Wed Jan 23 10:07:58 UTC 2013

Il 2013-01-23 01:54 jmfranke ha scritto:
> I also have two of the crystals. The discs are used to adjust the
> phase of the acoustic feedback to the resonator ends.
>
> John  WA4WDL

Thanks Bob and John, I gave a superficial read to one of the patents,
as I understand the patent says that the plates are there to give
predictable acoustic reflections (yes I know I should read before
posting questions :)  )
Bob the dead spot mounting is interesting (are they called nodal
points,
or I'm mistaking terminology?).
The metallization on the 50kc rod is on top and bottom plates, while
the 100kc is "swapped", one electrode on top on one half and bottom
on the other half rod. The suspension is also different, the
50kc is supended in the middle while the 100kc is suspended
in two points. How are supposed to vibrate these bars? Will they
inflect
along the long axis? Or elongate? Or a mix of different motions?

Thanks.
Fabio.