[time-nuts] One Kg Quartz Resonator

Fabio Eboli FabioEb at quipo.it
Wed Jan 23 23:57:21 UTC 2013

Il 2013-01-23 13:39 Bob Camp ha scritto:

> the mode that the bar is resonating in, it's a bit hard to guess
> where
> the nodes will be. Just looking at the bar, you wouldn't *guess* that
> the end points would be nodes...
>
> Bob

Sorry Bob I didnt understand last part.
You say that the end faces are nodes that move very little?
Or that it's hard to tell the way they move?
I asked that because reading the patent, I understand
that the plates are trimmed to stay near the rod and
not touching it, to give costant air reflection behaviour.
And talks about supersonic movement of the air, so I
was wondering why that was only a problem on end faces
and not on other "long" faces of the rod.

Thanks,
Fabio.