[time-nuts] One Kg Quartz Resonator

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Thu Jan 24 18:12:38 UTC 2013

Hi

If you take the position that a primary standard is only functional if it's
under the ideal nominal conditions - you have no primary standards at all.
They all require corrections of one sort or the other. Having a system with
no standards is not a system at all...

The practical approach is to define the ideal conditions in a way that you
can indeed correct back to them. The most common way is to take the
contribution to zero. There obviously are other approaches. Regardless of
weather you take it to zero or x.xxx the net result is the same, as long as
everybody does the same thing.

Bob