[time-nuts] Hp58540a

Don Latham djl at montana.com
Fri Jan 25 23:32:25 UTC 2013

Hello out there!! Just got a misbehavin' Symmetricon 58450A unit, came
with error, which I knew. Silly me. Error seems to be 118, but of course
i could not find anything beyond two versions of the user manual. This
one came with 2400 baud, and, ok, the seller wasn't too clear, 'cause it
has the infamous 1 pulse per 2 sec, as noted before on the list.
Ok, I said, I've established communications, let;s see if I can rectify
the error by the command :SYSTem:PRESet  Hoo Boy. Shoulda followed the
advice below in my signature.  It's sending a T followed by 22 address
(?) hex values, then crlf one after another, in order. Cycling power
won't stop it, sending commands won't stop it, yikes. Is it a Mayan
Calendar? Will the world come to an end when or if it ever stops?
Anyone have any ideas or a source I could not find in either the
archives or online for tech info?
The oven works, btw, I watched it warm up and change frequency when I
powered up...so oscillator and output sections are working at least.

--
"Neither the voice of authority nor the weight of reason and argument
are as significant as experiment, for thence comes quiet to the mind."

Dr. Don Latham AJ7LL
Six Mile Systems LLP
17850 Six Mile Road
POB 134