[time-nuts] GPIB, Proloigix, cables

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun Jan 27 20:09:13 UTC 2013

jimlux at earthlink.net said:
> Connectivity to the prologix from host isn't the problem.    The challenge
> is on the gpib side. It was almost working, so I was wondering if there was
> a systematic way to test.

How about a simple utility/hack that read/checks the device ID strings?

Plan 1 would be to scan all possible device numbers and print what it finds.

Plan 2 would be to read a file with number/string pairs and verify that the
device at that number returns the expected ID string.

If the file is extended to include a command on each line, you have the
structure for being able to write test scripts.  I'm thinking of commands
like sleep, write, read...

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.