[time-nuts] Serial port / Mouse issue (was mentionedin"Thunderbolt Monitor")

Stephen Tompsett stephen at tompsett.net
Sun Jan 27 19:11:41 UTC 2013

You've been lucky, or maybe not connected your GPS module until after
the system has booted and enumerated all the mice that it thinks are
connected. The real problem is that Microsoft by default assumes that if
you are a communications device gratuitously sending data then you must
be a mouse!

At least you will know what the problem is if it does occur.

On 27/01/2013 09:17, dlewis6767 wrote:
> I am interfacing all my various GPS modules (NMEA, TSIP, TEP, UBX,
> etc...) to my XP machine through a virtual com port Prolific 2303
> chipset/drivers (sold all over eBay for about $2.00). The Silicon Labs
> 2102 chipset works as well.
>
> Not sure if this is germane to this thread, ...but I have never seen
> such a serial port issue you'all are describing.
>

> -Don

Stephen Tompsett