[time-nuts] looking for low-power system for gps ntp timekeeping

NeonJohn jgd at neon-john.com
Tue Jul 2 06:47:33 UTC 2013

On 07/02/2013 02:11 AM, Eric Williams wrote:
> What did they leave out of the hardware?  Hard to tell what to look for
> when it's not there.
>
> Thanks for sharing your experience.

I'm not sure what all is gone other than the USB port since I haven't
bought one.  There is a list of omissions in the mailing list archive,
though.

One other thing I forgot to mention.  There is no voltage regulation or
over-voltage protection on the board.  The 5.0 volt input goes directly
to the TI power management chip.  My white BB would not boot on 5.1
volts.  It required exactly 5.0 volts.  I ended up taking a 9 volt wall
wart and hacking an LM7805 voltage regulator into the positive lead.  I
did not test it for under-voltage but I imagine it's just as sensitive
in that direction.

John

--
John DeArmond