[time-nuts] HP-117A

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 17:12:12 UTC 2013

Johns
Right the costas loop is specifically for phase tracking rcvrs like the
117. Its a general purpose solution that keeps you out of the insides. But
that said you can take just the costas loop and integrate it into a 117. I
strongly belive that statement doesn't really address how things may work.
I will say the 117 with good tubes is pretty darn hot so it may work quite
well.
No intent to hack my 117s.
Regards
Paul