[time-nuts] looking for low-power system for gps ntp timekeeping NANOSG20

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 05:12:46 UTC 2013

> One possibility is that the CPU is getting turned off when idle to save
> power.  If that includes the stuff normally used for timekeeping, things
> could get screwed up when it gets turned back on.  It has to reset the
> time, probably getting it from the RTC.

I don't think this is the case. Look at how well the system to sync'd with
other NTP servers.   It is only the local GPS ref. clocks that are not
doing well.   Also you might check the NMEA output by some other means,
some Garmin units are really bad.  If you can turn off all the un-needed
NMEA sentences it might help.  Simply watching the NMEA output in a
terminal window is a good enough check.  You can see by eye if there is a
one second error

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California