[time-nuts] looking for low-power system for gps ntptimekeeping NANOSG20

Mark C. Stephens marks at non-stop.com.au
Thu Jul 4 07:52:40 UTC 2013

I have the same model and the trigger settings are great for capturing those tiny width PPS pulses.
I setup the trigger so I see the pulse in the middle of the screen and its updated when the pulse occurs.

In a nutshell, as Chris mentioned, The trigger modes are excellent for time nuts.

The USB works flawlessly but the network basically only works with a crossover cable to a laptop.
The network won't work across routers etc.
I recently got them to fix the firmware to auto negotiate the correct speed but alas, it still won't work across routers.
The control software is.. mmm.. work in progress..

You can plug a VGA monitor in, but honestly the Scope has a huge screen anyway.
Its light, portable and there is a battery pack available if you want to guard ground when working on live switch mode PSU.

At the time mine cost less than $300 AUD, but I believe they have gone up in price now.

I can honestly admit, this scope has become my main scope on the bench, except for a 400MHz Tek Analogue I use infrequently.

-marki