[time-nuts] HP 8566A, 8568B and 3585A Noise floor.

John Miles john at miles.io
Thu Jul 4 09:59:56 UTC 2013

> I just had a discussion about older spectrum analyser versus the new Rigol
type
> SA.
>
> They are saying the Rigol is -80dBc.
>
> Unfortunately I don't know what the specs of mine are.
> Could someone help me out with some noise floor figures for the following?
>

> *         HP 8566A
>
> *         HP 8568B
>
> *         HP 3585A

If you could find a baseline phase noise plot for the Rigol you could
compare it with these:
http://www.ke5fx.com/floors.gif

It'll be influenced by various factors, such as the carrier frequency where
it's being measured.  I don't know what their block diagram looks like so
it's hard to say.

-- john, KE5FX
Miles Design LLC