[time-nuts] Speaking of Costas loops

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Thu Jul 4 23:45:48 UTC 2013

Hi

I believe the *code* is corrected, but the carrier frequency is not. Without correction it's plenty close enough for any receiver that can handle a normal GPS sat. The intended "product" is the code rather than the carrier. Even if you tried to correct for doppler, it would only work for a single point. Your velocity to every place else would be either to fast or to slow for the correction (the motion is in 3 dimensions …).

Bob