[time-nuts] Nortel Trimble thunderbolt

Brian Alsop alsopb at nc.rr.com
Sat Jul 6 12:06:35 UTC 2013

On 7/6/2013 04:06, Chris Albertson wrote:

> But I think in this case it is just a three wire connection but still there
> is room for errors like for example is one of them a TTL level and the
> other RS-232.  Some times you can mix the two, sometimes not.

This is a valid point.  My radio will accept TTL and RS232 level signals
on the same port. (I should say 0 and 5 volts as the logic levels up to
-15/+15)  However the polarity of them has to be proper.  Most people
run a TTL level "RS232" signal (e.g. from a PIC) through a MAX232 and
think their done.  In fact, the MAX232 inverts the polarity.  The TTL
signal polarity must be changed for it all to work.

Regards,
Brian

-----
No virus found in this message.