[time-nuts] Very stable synthesizer, alternative to PTS(Programmed Test Sources) x10 or 040?

Andy Bardagjy andy at bardagjy.com
Mon Jul 8 15:02:19 UTC 2013

I've had my eye on the Stanford Research SG 380 for some time - they boast
-116dBc/Hz phase noise

http://thinksrs.com/products/SG380.htm

They use a pretty interesting "rational approximation frequency synthesis"
which they discuss in detail in their operating manual. This allows them to
drive down the phase noise.

Too bad it's nearly $4000...

Andy Bardagjy
bardagjy.com