[time-nuts] The word, "Radiation" as a boogieman...

Burt I. Weiner biwa at att.net
Tue Jul 9 14:01:17 UTC 2013

John,

Unfortunately, there's a lot of money in fear.  Being in broadcast
engineering I learned as long time ago to never use the words,
"radiation" or "radiate" a signal when referring to a station's
signal.  Instead, I refer to it as, "Launch" or "Launched" a
signal.  When asked about a radio station's radiation I remind them
about the expression, "radiate a smile".  It simply means, " to send
out".  If you really want to frighten people, use the expression, "To
radiate SPAM!"

Burt, K6OQK

At 06:21 AM 7/9/2013, time-nuts-request at febo.com wrote
>Radiation is a fact of life. It is used as a boogieman by some, to suit
>their agendas.
>
>-John

Burt I. Weiner Associates
Broadcast Technical Services