[time-nuts] How dangerous if a Rb lamp broken?

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Wed Jul 10 22:28:58 UTC 2013

The dial is painted, the hands are actually metal frame, and the
luminous paint is a wax that is put on the hand kind of like a
soap bubble.

The luminous material in the paint is very dead, as the hands and
digits no longer glow at all.  I guess there is a limit to how long
ZnS:Cu can take the exposure and still glow.

-Chuck Harris