[time-nuts] Speaking of Costas loops (WAAS)

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jul 11 16:57:18 UTC 2013

Hi

>From the US patent:

"... and possibility of extending the operating range by allowing increased
separation of reference and base receivers by incorporating ionospheric
models provided by WAAS"

To me that says - position data from WAAS, carrier from GPS.
===========================

I had understood that WAAS provided data such as what were dead or
problematic satellites, and ionospheric data which allows the positions
derived from standard GPS satellites to be more accurately determined
through extra corrections, but WAAS satellite transmissions did not of
themselves contribute to to a position determination.  Was I wrong in this,
or perhaps outdated?

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu