[time-nuts] GPDSO is working

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Fri Jul 12 13:47:29 UTC 2013

Hi

On Jul 11, 2013, at 11:59 PM, Bob Stewart <bob at evoria.net> wrote:

> After ham-fistedly breaking a few things, I've finally got my GPSDO working. (does happy dance)  Now that it's had some time to warm up

Time as in minutes, or as in a couple of days? If you look at the plot in the QEX article, a day or so is the expected "warmup" period.

> I see that it's started wandering around +/- a couple of counts from sample to sample (16 seconds).

If it's + *and* - then the gizmo is driving down the middle of the road. If it's always + or always - then it's likely not yet locked.

> Is this because the UT+ is not set to timing mode?

The UT needs to be in "position hold" mode with a proper (24 to 48 hour) survey on it's location for best performance. It should not be +/- 100 ns even without this.

Is your VCXO a 10811? Does it have the same sensitivity as a 10811? If not, you may need (per the article) to make some firmware changes.

Bob