[time-nuts] HPZ3816A config - can't enter correct co-ords

Mark C. Stephens marks at non-stop.com.au
Fri Jul 12 17:51:56 UTC 2013

When I try to enter my antenna location as per surveyor:
-33.763698
151.092111

With this scpi command:
:GPS:POS S,+33,+79,3.69800E+001,E,+151,+9,+2.11100E+001,+9.45600E+001

For some reason, the Z3816A displays this:
LAT      S  33:59:36.980
LON      E 151:09:21.110

Which is correct except the south should say 33:79:36.980.

I can enter lower values that 59 for parameter 3 and it displays correct.
Can't seem to find a manual for these chaps either.

Shooting off the subject, Just had one arrive with a loose OCXO.
Yes loose, the solder joint on the OCXO had broken away from the PCB.
The intermittent contact was causing all sorts of chaos.
Most noticeably, the red ALARM LED came on, but none of the scpi commands could tell me why.
Health monitor reported [ OK ] <shrug>

Anyway, Any idea how I can enter the correct co-ordinates?

--marki