[time-nuts] UT+ Software for Linux?

Bob Stewart bob at evoria.net
Sun Jul 14 15:42:06 UTC 2013

Hi Paul,

There are a couple of problems here.  First of all is that the SynTac software is not free, and I have no interest in trying to get around their trial period scheme, nor any interest in buying a copy just to sit and watch it run.  =)  Next is that I don't really want to deal with a Windows solution.  I've got a Windows image on VirtualBox, but my serial port is used up for lirc on the "big" machine.  I wound up swapping the windows drive back into my old laptop to set the UT+ into timing mode.

OTOH, I did run across the source code for the NTP oncore interface.  I can use that and write a simple "C" program to change modes or whatever in the future.  It should be easy enough to write software to check that the UT+ is alive and tracking.  I'm going to have to get another serial port, though - or perhaps just a USB to serial converter.

Having a GPSDO is starting to feel like I have several clocks to manage.  =)  In my naivete I thought it would be just plug and go.

Bob - AE6RV