[time-nuts] Spectrum Analyzer Suggestions

Jerry jsternmd at att.net
Mon Jul 15 13:59:23 UTC 2013

If you are OK with a 50lb compact box, the HP 8924C Service Monitor can be
found with a mechanical input attenuator option that gives you a high
performance SA+TG from 400khz-1Ghz plus RF SigGen plus RF Power Meter plus
plus plus.  If you don't get the right attenuator then its only linear from
10Mhz-1Ghz.  In essence it's identical to the famous HP8920A/B just about
25lbs heavier.  Nice working examples can be had for less than $1000 .

Jerry K1JOS