[time-nuts] Lecia L1 GPS chokering antenna voltage,

Mark C. Stephens marks at non-stop.com.au
Wed Jul 17 10:57:48 UTC 2013

I contacted Leica Australia sales requesting help regarding the unknown "Leica GPS L1 Choke Ring" antenna Monday morning.
The sales person duly referred me to support and I had a call back within 30 minutes.

The support staff spent the entire morning assisting me to identify this antenna.
The support started with phone calls and was followed by an amount of email.

As you all know, getting information out of the big "3" in precision time and frequency has become a waste of time and frustrating.
I am happy to report, the staff at Leica Australia were enthusiastic, courteous, dedicated, knowledgeable and just plain helpful.
At one stage I had 5 different staff emailing me with updates.
We all seemed to have a common interest in precision timing and measurement.
I now have the data I need plus a whole lot more information I was not aware of before.

For instance, a warning was given that some of the antenna heads are sealed with nitrogen so be careful when opening them.
Please be mindful if opening a GPS antenna in future?

The Leica staff even attempted to find calibration data for my serial number.

This was all for a guy that walked in, off the street, The support service is fantastic and I now have great trust in Leica.

In future, when I am asked for a recommendation for precision geosystems or timing,
I will have no qualms in recommending Leica, based on this great experience.

--marki