[time-nuts] 10811 Outer oven controller schematic

ed breya eb at telight.com
Fri Jul 19 16:48:43 UTC 2013

Paul,

If the 10811 is that far off, are you sure the oven is working?  A
few years ago mine had a failure of a particular date code range of
the opamp that controls the oven, that were prone to failure.at high
temperature. The symptom in the Z3801A was that the outer oven seemed
bad - it did not turn on, but it was because it was waiting for the
inner one to reach nominal temperature, but it never did. Once you
get it all apart, replacement of the IC is no big deal, but what a
PITA to get to it. I vaguely recall posting the whole story on that
website that has big coverage of the Z3801A - I can't remember the
name, since I haven't been there in a while, but it should be easy to
find. The website had all kinds of Z3801A info, including a nice
writeup on how to take the oven apart, which is where I started.

Ed