[time-nuts] testing L1 antenna

Mark C. Stephens marks at non-stop.com.au
Thu Jul 25 06:51:09 UTC 2013

I have a number of GPS L1 timing antenna up, and I suspect one of them is not quite right.

As a test procedure, all I can come up with is a power-injector connected to the feed line, the feed line connected to a DC block on the input of a 8566A SA.
Then connect a known good antenna and compare the DUT.
Note: I haven't tried this yet, still thinking about it :)

Has anyone got a proven method to check a GPS timing antenna for reliable operation?

--marki