[time-nuts] ***SPAM*** RS232 cables - thin connectors

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Jul 25 20:51:36 UTC 2013

After all the discussions about the cost of power, I'm getting my act
together and replacing my old power hungry PCs with new/modern Atom boards.
I found one that has 2 RS232 connectors.  Looks good.
  http://www.mini-box.com/Intel-D2500CCE-Mini-ITX-Motherboard

The catch is that they are only 0.625 inches apart and most of the connectors
on my RS232 cables are just a bit thicker than that so I can't use both at
the same time.

Does anybody have a source of cables with thin connectors?  Is there a magic
term to google for?

I think I tried filing one down a while ago.  Modern plastics/rubber is
really tough.  Maybe I should try again with a better mechanical setup, maybe
build a jig to hold it.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.