[time-nuts] USB - was RS 232

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 22:09:22 UTC 2013

There are a bunch of little boards like these.  This one has USB-B socket
that faces your computers and TTL Serial that faces your project.   When
you plug your project into a computer the computer sees it as a serial port.
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/718

If all you need is the USB-B connector then you can get free samples here
http://www.molex.com/molex/products/datasheet.jsp?part=active/0548190519_IO_CONNECTORS.xml&channel=Products&Lang=en-US

If you don't like "free" the above place, Sparkfun" will sell them for $1.50

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 2:45 PM, Bob Stewart <bob at evoria.net> wrote:

> Do you have a good solution for USB?  Not just a cable with an adapter and
> wires hanging out of it, but a clean solution.  I had trouble finding USB
> B-type female chassis-mount connectors and wound up ordering one from some
> guy in the UK.  It's actually an extender cable that can be chassis
> mounted, and I'll just strip the wires to hook it to a USB-TTL converter
> inside my GPSDO.  But I'd like to know about something turnkey for the
> future.
>

> Bob - AE6RV

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California