[time-nuts] HP 10811 update

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 01:32:18 UTC 2013

Well lucks not so good do have the voltage closer but as Bob C said. That
ain't the issue.
Darn I hate when he is right. By the way the oscillator draws 26 ma approx
as a reference. Reassembled everything and let the oven heat up it settles
at 81C 15 min after start and within a respectable range of the temps
listed in the service manual. Measured with a K thermocouple. Freq is at
9.999955. or 45 Hz low
Tuning the variable cap has 20 Hz range and the cap was pretty much center
range. Have not played with the varicap but that should have a very small
effect.
I can easily adjust the temp setting R to raise the xtal temp. But that
seems like a jerry rig.
Could a xtal of this quality simply go bad over time?
Somewhat at a loss here.
I have a spare 10544 (Would not use the z3801 outer oven)and wonder if at
least I could use that with the Z3801. Anyone know if the efc would work?
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL