[time-nuts] RS232 cables - thin connectors

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Jul 27 07:25:04 UTC 2013

wd6cmu at gmail.com said:
> Maybe "low-profile rs232"?
> Something like: http://www.cablestogo.com/product/52138

Neat.  Thanks.

I think that's referring to a different dimension.

I'm interesting in the thickness of the connector.  If you measure a typical
connector, it's
  0.65 thick
  1.3 wide, and
  2.1 long

"long:" might be ambiguous.  In the case I just measured it includes the end
of the shell to the end of the plastic knobs that connect to the screws that
hold the connector onto the PC.

My problem is the 0.65 vs 0.625 spacing of the connectors on the board.

I think your "low profile" refers to what I'm calling "long".  The idea is
that the connector will fit in a wiring box, or something like that.  That
web page doesn't include a useful drawing.  The only dimension is "1.25 in
total depth".  I think their "depth" is my "long".

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.