[time-nuts] GPS Spoofing

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Sun Jul 28 17:28:19 UTC 2013

In message <581A0ABF-19D8-45BB-88C3-CB351711BB83 at rtty.us>, Bob Camp writes:

>If we are now down to a truck sized / house sized area, I'd claim that
>Loran-C is dead simple to jam. That's what the truck stop gizmos are aimed at.

We are not.

You don't get to place your Loran-C jamming car right next to the supertanker
or cruise-ghetto, nor will any major airline allow your semi/van to emit EMI
from the parking-lot for long.

The problem with GNSS is that you need so little power and antenna to deny
such a large area.

VLF just doesn't suffer from that.

And now that US killed their LORAN, maybe we should apply some modern
signal-theory and design a new and even more robust VLF signal...