[time-nuts] Story in the Economist about GPS jamming

Scott McGrath scmcgrath at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 12:50:53 UTC 2013

Any competent engineer could have told the powers that be that a satellite system based in LEO has a relatively high risk profile from the Universe/hostile activity/spoofing and jamming

Yes GPS is/was oversold.

Trouble is Clarkes law applies here (any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic).  And this applies double to the technological illiterates in DC

See Sen 'Tubes' Stevens for the canonical example

Sent from my iPhone