[time-nuts] Rb standard questions

Mike M timenuts at binsamp.e4ward.com
Wed Jul 31 11:36:00 UTC 2013

  > Mon Jul 29 15:04:40 EDT 2013

  > Life is variable. 10 years and the lamp voltage is the best clue.

  > New 9-12V, mid life 3-9, late 3 and below.

  > That doesn't  mean  it  won't work but gives you  a  hint  and the
  > voltages are approx. Use a Hz meter to measure it.

  [...]

  > Regards
  > Paul

Paul,

When you say lamp voltage, what are you measuring?

I have the LPRO repair guide by Fred de Vries. It doesn't say much about
the lamp voltage except it appears on pin 5, and a healthy unit measures 6
to 9 volts. There are some schematics that appear to come from a patent,
but I couldn't find any  reference to  pin 5.

http://www.radcomms.net/EFRATOM%20LPRO%20101%20Repair%20Guide.pdf

So what does this voltage do in the circuit?

Is there a way to measure a similar voltage on a FE-5650A or FE-5680A?

Thanks,

Mike M