[time-nuts] Looking for datasheet for Oscilloquartz 8602

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sat Jun 1 16:04:33 UTC 2013

Moin,

On Sat, 1 Jun 2013 11:21:44 -0400
Bob Camp <lists at rtty.us> wrote:

> The electronics in an SC based OCXO will be different from the "stuff"
> in an AT based part. At the very least you need additional traps for the SC.
> You also need to do something to accommodate it's significantly higher
> resistance. On the plus side, the SC probably can take 4X higher drive than
> the AT for a given amount of delta frequency / delta drive. Again, something
> that will impact the circuit.

Oh..right. Didn't think about this (although i just read it in Vigs tutorial).
While we are at it. Is there any good resource (book, webpage, papers)
on the different crystal oscillator circuits and their advantages and
disadvantages? I couldn't find anything usefull but a few general circuits
(mostly from RF and ham radio books).

> Far more significant than any of that - marketing may well have asked that
> the part be optimized in a different way so it would sell better. Phase
> noise often seen as a better "bragging rights" spec than ADEV. My personal
> opinion is that this bias is driven more by the fact that fewer people
> understand (or trust) ADEV and it's derivatives.

Could you explain a little bit more about ADEV vs phase noise?

			Attila Kinali

		-- Tirin, The Dispossessed, U. Le Guin