[time-nuts] Cheap 9.8Mhz Sa.22c's

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sun Jun 2 18:10:26 UTC 2013

Hi

My understanding is that the SA-22's have a dedicated oscillator in them related to the output frequency. You might be able to switch to 2X or 1/2 the frequency, but not to 10 MHz. Best guess is that you yank the oscillator and re-shoot firmware to make the change. Good luck finding firmware images to re-shoot ….

The most interesting thing about them is the mating footprint on the Symmetricom GPSDO's.  They operate on the same frequency "empire" as these Rb's. Since the GPSDO puts out 10 MHz (via DDS) that may be the "easy" way to convert one. I have no idea at all what would be involved in moving the GPSDO from OCXO mode to Rb mode. It might be a jumper, it could easily be a re-shoot with un-obtainable firmware.

Bob