[time-nuts] have 10MHz need 19.5Mhz

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sun Jun 2 19:54:40 UTC 2013

Hi

The Pi is simply a standard ARM CPU. The clock system in it is well documented. How you get *at* the clock system may or may not be so well documented. There are bits you flip to switch it from external crystal to external oscillator. The gain of the stage and the function of the output pin are impacted by the bits. By far your best option would be to figure out how to flip the appropriate bit. Baring that, ignore the output pin and just drive the input pin. Trying to put a differential signal in there will just mess things up.

If you don't need video you *might* be able to change the clock frequency. The other things that would be impacted are the USB (needs 48 MHz from somewhere) and the serial baud rates. Since the ethernet hangs of of a USB port it's clock would not be impacted.

Bob