[time-nuts] Datum 9390 issues & spectracom 8195a woes

Tammy A Wisdom tammy-lists at wiztech.biz
Sun Jun 9 17:15:35 UTC 2013

Hi all
I have a datum 9390 that will pick up GPS and get the date etc but will not go into oscillator lock state. Anyone have any suggestions on this?

Next up is the spectracom 8195a I have. Allegedly it was working when removed from an American tower site. Sadly it doesn't see any GPS satellites. I'm guessing when it was removed someone cut the antenna coax. It still has 4.5v dc on the antenna port but never sees any satellites. This device uses oncore gps module. Does anyone know if a) if I replace said oncore module will it actually work & b) is there anything goofy they did with the antennas on these units?  & c) is it possible they blew the front end of the oncore?  I'm using a trimble bullet antenna with both devices

That all said. If you have a working 9390 or 819x gps reciever that you would consider parting with please let me know. I'm trying to put together a ntp server for my collocation facility.

Thank you
Tammy A Wisdom

Sent from my iPhone