[time-nuts] Austron 2200 Y2K?

Stewart Cobb stewart.cobb at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 18:06:53 UTC 2013

The ST2010 GPS receiver chip took 10 MHz and a GPS L1 signal in, and
produced a 35.42 MHz second IF to drive a SAW filter. (It also digitized
the SAW filter output, but you wouldn't need that part.)

These chips were designed by Plessey, which sold the business to Mitel,
which sold the business to Zarlink, which finally discontinued them a few
years ago.  But you may still be able to find the receiver chips.

One of those chips, plus the SAW filter, plus a fast op-amp to convert the
differential filter output to single-ended and drive it back down the
cable, would be all you'd need.

The CMC All-Star receiver board used those parts, and I think the SuperStar
did, too. I could probably dig up a few of those boards from my collection,
if anyone wants to strip the parts off to build an antenna converter.

Cheers!
--Stu