[time-nuts] Spectracom 8170 Time of Day grief...

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 21:49:34 UTC 2013

Burt
There is nothing wrong with your 8170. WWVB no longer allows it to work
correctly because of the phase modulation. They went to all psk about 1
month ago. They had been reverting back twice a day for things like the
8170.
So the ole 8170 is dead.
You need to build something like the d-psk-r to get it going though I have
not had time to actually add the am phase flipper precisely for the likes
of a 8170. I have one also.
Sorry
Paul
WB8TSL