[time-nuts] Phase noise measurement with a scope

Azelio Boriani azelio.boriani at screen.it
Thu Jun 13 15:24:23 UTC 2013

Ah, well, now I'm not able to compute what impact can have this
"windowing" of the samples... maybe that just concatenating the
buffers' content is perfectly equivalent to have a continuous stream
of samples (for noise measurement only, of course). If the desired
noise band can fit into one buffer and the statistic properties don't
change from buffer to buffer then I think it is OK to concatenate or
use just one full buffer of samples. I think that problems can arise
only when trying to look very close to the carrier where more than one
full buffer must be available to measure the "slowness" of the noise.