[time-nuts] Spectracom 8170 grief... Watching the problem...

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 00:34:16 UTC 2013

Burt
Yes this has been looked at before by time-nuts and as you say it shifts.
Its also documented by nist and unfortunately the AM code is nothing like
the new psk code for a good reason. Better noise immunity and other things
also documented. Its complex at least for me. Overall I get it but when I
get to the error correction and disassembly of the message format its not
so clear. Though perhaps it would be if I were building a psk decoder and
that may happen later but only after the d-psk-r is really pretty complete.
A by product of the d-psk-r is the psk code so its there for the taking.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL