[time-nuts] Spectracom 8170 time clocks simple suggestion

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sat Jun 15 17:26:10 UTC 2013

Hi

If you take a look at the CMOS switches the direct conversion radio guys use, that's probably the easiest way to do the inversion. If they work well enough for a 30 MHz receiver, they probably will do just fine at 60 KHz. You probably would need a transformer in and a transformer out to keep things from getting to crazy noise wise. Simple couple of windings on a ferrite core should do just fine. Mini Circuits probably would be happy to sell you some as well.

I suspect you still need some sort of smarts involved simply to decide when to flip and when not to flip the signal. There's not enough to it to tax a cheap micro. Until they publish the "final" description of the modulation, I see no reason to go crazy writing code.

Bob

>>> Paul
>>> WB8TSL