[time-nuts] Trimble Resolution T firmware

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Mon Jun 17 14:47:50 UTC 2013

In January 2010 Trimble made firmware updates available for the  Resolution
T as well as for several other GPS modules to accomodate some changes  to
the GPS signal structure.

The upgrade firmware provided for the Resolution T was version 1.17 and
this is still the version currently available from Trimble's Resolution T
product page.

However, when testing some GPS modules today I found  a Resolution T with a
manufacturing date of 2007  but containing firmware version 1.20 of 21st
April 2010, so  it's obviously been updated, but I've not been able to find
any  reference anywhere online to a version greater than 1.17.

Does anybody have any information please as to what might be  different in
1.20 and/or have any information as to whether or not Trimble  ever makes
firmware updates publicly available unless obliged to  do so because of
obvious significant operating  problems?

Regards

Nigel
GM8PZR