[time-nuts] Oscillator temperature compensation

Joseph Gray jgray at zianet.com
Fri Jun 21 04:59:31 UTC 2013

>Can you show some pictures of the oscillator?

The wiring is point-to-point, so I don't think a picture is going to tell
you much.

>Is there a tunable inductor in the oscillator circuit?

As I mentioned, nothing tunable there.

>Who makes the unit?

It is an LPB RC-6A carrier current AM transmitter. It was used at the local
university many years ago. I was told they used to have several. I am
rescuing it from oblivion.

I get a nice, clean 5.5 W carrier and the 2nd/3rd harmonics are well within
spec for this type of transmitter. (No, I haven't broadcast with it. It is
on a dummy load.)

>The FCC specification for AM broadcast transmitters is +/- 20 Hz.

Yes, I understand that is the rule for Part 73 (is that the correct
number?). I'm not sure it is as tight for carrier current, which is under
Part 15. I don't see anything in Part 15 about this. I'm just going by some
old information found on the internet.