[time-nuts] WWVB remodulator for the Spectracom 8170...

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 01:55:19 UTC 2013

Hello to the group
Very good thread. I am recovering from a severe flu. Thats wgy I have not
been around.
This will be brief.
1Hz off seems to cause an issue.
The 60 khz xtals from mouser all seem to always be low.
So by lowering the drive and I assume loading. The 20K resistor they come
into range.
Don't like this and ordered a few xtals from china. Oh lets say 50.
Nothing says a 6 mhz xtal and divider can't work. Just adds complexity and
cost.
By the way the MAS 6180 is available but the distro wants an order of 50 at
$4 each.
I can't take on the role of purchasing and distributing the chips.
Regards
Paul