[time-nuts] Old faithful

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Thu Jun 27 18:30:26 UTC 2013

Dear time-nuts,

I had the need for a duplicate time stability rig at work, so old
faithfful, a HP 5335A, was called in for duty as time-interval counter.
It's 1 ns resolution is sufficient for the application.

After a repair, the connectors to the GPIB board had been hooked up
incorrectly (J1 and J2 was swapped) and a little testing, but I figured
out how to make TimeLab to use it, and once all that was under control,
I had a second rig running, doing good work.

It's nice to see that this counter is still relevant and can be put into
good use.

Cheers,
Magnus